Dec 7, 2006

Fetching Fingerless Gloves

I haven't been posting, but I have been knitting. I finished my Winter Clapotis a few weeks ago, but I do have several more stitches to drop and just haven't gotten around to it. I also completed a couple more Christmas present which I will post after the new year. I can finally post the Fetching Mitts I knit for my mom. I thought they were going to be for Christmas as well, but I changed my mind and she got them early for her birthday. Now I can get to work on my own, which I've been itching to do for awhile.



Project: Fetching Mitts
Source: Knitty
Yarn: Misti Baby Alpaca in #2105/light grey, one skein
Needles: US 7 DPNs
Started: 1st- 10/2/06, 2nd- 10/5/06
Finished: 1st- 10/3/06, 2nd- 10/6/06
Comments: This was my first time using alpaca and I really liked the yarn. It's very fuzzy and soft, but it wasn't too slippery. Of course this pattern was easy and fun, as every knitter knows!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, maybe I should change the my fav for your mom to that picture. She looks so genuinely delighted. I guess that's just what your knitting does to people.

Sarah W. said...

Nice! Can't wait to see the Christmas presents.