Sep 28, 2006

Progress!

I'm actually taking charge of my WIPs! I completed the main knitting of Lady Eleanor the other day and I immediately wove in the ends! There were only 2, but still that's a lot of progress for me. I wish I knew about the splicing method when I was joining skeins on the Candleflame Shawl, it has too many ends to think about and they easily could have been absorbed into the shawl had I known better. I'm going to block the stole this weekend and then add the fringe. Must use crochet hook, never a strong point with me, ahh!

Here’s a photo of Lady Eleanor:


In other WIPs, I actually did take a look at the shawl yesterday and still couldn't really figure out what I'd done wrong. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to bind off the stitches and leave the mistake in or rip back the 5 inches to the lifeline and re-knit. It doesn't sound like many inches, but with 500+ stitches, it's many, many more hours of knitting that I'd be redoing. I'm just going to have to figure out if the mistake will bother me enough if I leave it in. In all honesty I'd probably be the only one who saw it anyway and what with closing in on a YEAR of knitting this, I'm pretty ready to finish.

I finally felted my bowl and it is currently drying, photo to come soon. I finished another Christmas gift and will soon be starting another. I even have knit a little more on my sock, even though it's still boring! I'm doing pretty well this week I think. I'm going to try to keep my WIPS in order from now on, I wonder how long it will last. Perhaps keeping no more than 2 or 3 projects ongoing is the best idea.

I did have a mini brain glitch yesterday and decided that I must knit a sweater right away! I'm going to NJ for Christmas to visit the in-laws and it occurred to me that none of them would consider me a serious knitter if I wasn't sporting a hand knit sweater. It’s probably not true and it certainly doesn’t matter, but there it is. My next big project will be my first sweater. I’ve picked one out of Interweave’s latest issue and will be ordering my yarn from Knit Picks soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goooooo Laurie!!!!
And don't worry about my family. You know they have to think your a serious knitter after all the wonderful knitted gifts you've given them. And all the times I've mentioned your knitting to them on the phone. Besides, you can be sure Nana does; and isn't she the only one that really matters?