Feb 14, 2007

Purse & Scarf

I have finished my very first pair of socks!! I will be posting them shortly, but until then here are a couple of other recent FOs.



Project: Mosaic Bag
Source: Spun Mag
Yarn: Noro Kureyon in #139, 3 skeins
Needles: US 4 & 5
Started: 10/12/06
Finished: 1/15/07
Comments: This colorwork gives the appearance of Fair Isle, but it's much easier. The knitting went pretty slowly on this. On such small needles a very tight fabric is created. The strap took forever because I made it twice as long as the pattern called for. Then there's the obvious procrastination with sewing the damn thing up! I still need to try & block the curling on the front. I really like the way the colors turned out, I think the back is purple & green, but overall I'm a bit disappointed.



Project: Yo, Drop It Scarf
Source: Stitch 'n Bitch Nation
Yarn: Colinette Giotto in Florentina
Needles: US 11
Started: 10/24/06
Finished: 10/26/06
Comments: I used my leftover Giotto from the Waterlily Tank. Easy peasy pattern.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They turned out great! You can hardly see any curling in the photo of the purse.

Happy Valentines Day!!!

Sarah W. said...

I love your yarn choices.

Thanks for the craft email!

Lizzy said...

Great scarf - it really shows off the lovely colours of the Giotto. I have a couple of skeins in my stash....