Jun 4, 2008

Hat & Scarf


Project: Squishy Hat
Source: Crazy Aunt Purl, "Brangelina Hat"
Yarn: Misti Alpaca Chunky in Chartreuse Melange/ 7238, 1 skein
Needles: US 11
Started: 9/4/07
Finished: 9/7/07
Comments: I had this yarn for about a year before I found the perfect pattern. I love Misti Alpaca and this hat is so soft and squishy, perfectly packable and matches a whole lot of my Fall & Winter clothes. Just perfect!




Project: Vintage Velvet
Source: Scarf Style
Yarn: Muench Touch Me, #3646, 5 skeins
Needles: US 8
Started: 9/6/07
Finished: 11/3/07
Comments: I was a little torn on whether or not to felt this scarf because it was already very soft and drapey, plus I had read horror stories about unraveling. Everyone knows this yarn is cost prohibitive and I wouldn't have been able to afford more if something had gone awry. FYI- I scored my five skeins at half price! I'm so glad I did felt it though. It softened up even more, if that's possible and really tightened the cables and made them pop (as you can see from the photos). The scarf is very chic and feels oh-so-luxurious, I would really love to use this yarn again. Some specs: the color is actually the one pictured in the post-felting photos, not the blue-purple color. Pre-felting dimensions: 5"w x 55"l, Post-felting: 4.75"w x 50"l

No comments: