Jan 23, 2007

Winter Accessories

It's usually a little too warm to wear many winter garments down here, but I keep making them and wearing them!

First up, my Fetching mittens. I think I'm going to make one more pair with a couple of more cable repeats. Please excuse the poor state of my fingernails.



Project: Fetching
Source: Knitty
Yarn: Misti Baby Alpaca in #2915/ Tangerine, one skein
Needles: US 5
Started: 12/14/06
Finished: 12/18/06
Comments: Such an easy, inexpensive project with great results.



Project: Ribbed Biggy Hat
Source: My Design
Yarn: Rowan Biggy Print in #259/ Sherbet Dip, 2 skeins
Needles: US 15
Started: 1/3/07
Finished: 1/3/07
Comments: I've wanted to work with this yarn ever since I started knitting and I took advantage when WEBS had it at a discontinued sale price. I love, love thick, roving-y yarns and this was such fun to work with. Boy, is this hat warm!



Project: Entrelac Scarf
Source: My Design
Yarn: Noro Kureyon in #126, 3 skeins
Needles: US 10 1/2
Started: 12/19/06
Finished: 1/2/07
Comments: I kind of stole this idea from someone on Craftster who posted her scarf with this very colorway. It looked so beautiful, I happened to have the exact amount in my stash, and I had been wanting to do more entrelac since Lady E. I love the way the colors worked up and you can wear absolutely anything with it!


Stay tuned for pics of my finished sock (!) and the beginning of my new one (!!)...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the way you have your hands in the first picture. It looks like you are about to reveal some magic trick.

They all turned out really well. Good Job!

Sarah W. said...

I love everything, but the scarf is my favorite!

Lizzy said...

Great stuff ! I just bought some Biggy Print in a sale at a real bargain price and plan to make a hat. Yours looks fab.

Laurie said...

Thanks! The Biggy Print is really fun to work with.